Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's been a long time. Too many thoughts...

Well, I have serious doubts as to whether or not anyone actually reads this, but seeing as how it's been 4 months since I have written anything... I guess I'll try to give those months their due.

Where to start? We sold a home, enjoyed the holidays, spent a 6 week season living with my parents (just Lincoln and I since Luke was still in Nashville), moved into a little apartment upon Luke's return, Lincoln's is 15 months now (and so fun!), I have had a lovely experience with wisdom teeth surgery and another ER trip with a kidney stone, Aldi has finally opened here in the metroplex, we have started building a home (framing began today and the expected completion date is the first week of June), and the list literally goes on and on...

Needless to say, there was little time or energy among those happenings to sit and write. It truly is amazing how God orchestrates all things big and small to get you where you are in the journey. Equally amazing to think about all that lies ahead and that soon we'll be reflecting on today and in awe of how He has added one more piece to the puzzle that makes up our great adventure. It goes completely against my fallen human nature and personality to be at peace with a great deal of unknowns in my life, but I think that is exactly, at least in part, what God is teaching us. We have been reminded so many times in recent months that we have no control, and that He is more than worthy of our trust in every unknown. He knew everything that would occur long before we even knew to worry or wrestle with it, so what good does our futile efforts produce? Aghh sounds so great and is so very difficult to live out. Lord, help us.

One of the things I've been particularly strengthened and encouraged by recently is the fellowship I've enjoyed with my dear friend, Melanie. We have been meeting once a week studying the life of John and discussing Scripture surrounding his life and legacy. The Word has truly rejuvenated, challenged, and prayerfully changed me. It has been such a sweet time to just run through the week's events, our current worries, victories, frustrations and failures especially as wives and mommies. I'm thankful God designed women so relational and life to work so much better done alongside friends. I still long for community, but in this season of life, it has proved to be extremely difficult among a multitude of transitions. I trust a season of stability and remote "normalness" is ahead and community a part.

Another something I can't help but humbly give thanks for is my friend, Mary Rachel. I'm not sure I've ever felt an ease and ability to display raw honesty as I have experienced with this dear friend. The making of our friendship still baffles me and is a regular reminder that in ALL things our great King is working out our ultimate joy and His glory. She is an especially extravagant example of this truth. Yet another beautiful fruit of an extreme valley in my life. Thank you, Lord. Friends really are the bonus of life and such a special representation of God's grace and love for us despite our utter depravity.

I feel like it would be irresponsible of me not to contribute a few thoughts concerning the recent addition to the law of the Land. My opinions are no doubt many as are everyones these days. I am however disappointed at the seeming mindlessness of many of them. Too many it seems have chosen a side based on well... nothing? Perhaps it's what their parents think, what seems to line up with their political bend, or maybe even their religious bend, what fits their needs at the moment regardless of the big picture, or best yet what everyone else seems to think/shout.
One of the things that has especially confused me is that a majority of those I know of that are shouting 'Hooray' at its passing are privately educated and regulary express (in subtle and not so subtle ways) their intellectual superiority. However, if government was never efficient or adequate enough to educate you through their public system, what confirms your stark belief that their work will be fully sufficient in the realm of health care? Perhaps that is my critical sin or plain stupidity revealing its ugly head, but among all of the jargon I've heard and read lately, I just want to come out and ask that simple question. Perhaps someday I'll gather the nerve to ask out loud. haha Either way, Lord, help us.

2 comments:

  1. well i would've been reading if i knew you had a blog =] you write very beautifully

    ReplyDelete